Located in Regina Saskatchewan, Open Skies was the first community-based MRI facility in the province. Open Skies MRI has been in operation since September 2012.
MRI technologists utilize their communication, patient care and collaborative skills to interact with patients and other members of the health care team. Technologists require sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and the principles of MRI to safely and efficiently operate MRI scanners.
An effective MRI technologist who is a patient advocate, and who demonstrates reflective, responsible practice, along with strong problem solving and technical skills is an essential addition to our team.
- Ensure the safety of patients, staff and visitors who come in contact with the powerful magnetic field of a MRI scanner.
- Explain procedures, answer patients' questions as fully as possible and provide emotional support.
- Position patients and coils appropriately for all MRI procedures.
- Inject contrast media as required.
- Set appropriate technical parameters, operate MRI scanners and related equipment
- Evaluate images and adjust protocols/parameters in order to exploit the pathology.
- Guide and monitor patients during all scans.
- Recognize and respond to life threatening situations.
- Keep records and compile research data.
- Routinely check scanners and related equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures for self, patients and machinery.
- Educate new staff and students of any teaching institutions.
- First Aid / CPR.
- Experience or current certification in I.V. injection of contrast media.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Familiar with all routine MRI procedures.
- A sense of responsibility and a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 year accredited program from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be currently registered with and be in good standing with SAMRT and must be certified as an MRI Technologist by CAMRT.
- At least one year of experience working with MRI.
- Available to work 8:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. Hours may change.
The Advantages of Working at Open Skies MRI:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Patient-focused Care
- Professional Practice Development
- Open Communication Practices
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org